Donations for Ukraine
Many residents have contacted the Council looking for ways to help the people of Ukraine. We encourage those wishing to help people impacted by the worsening humanitarian crisis in Ukraine to consider supporting the efforts of one of the following organisations and appeals:
- The Disasters Emergency Committee brings together 15 leading UK aid charities, raising funds to quickly and effectively respond to overseas disasters
- The British Red Cross has set up the Ukraine Crisis Appeal to help the Ukrainian Red Cross provide food, medicine, clothing, and shelter.
- The UN refugee agency has a specific collection for Ukraine
- The Ukrainian Embassy in the UK has set up a special fund called the With Ukraine Global Support Fund to support Ukraine.
- Goods for Good is a local charity that sends donated goods to vulnerable communities around the world and have already mobilised to send supplies to Ukraine. They have set up a humanitarian aid hub on the Polish border with Ukraine to deliver essential bedding, clothing, footwear, and toiletries.
- Choose Love is a non-profit that provides medical care, food, clothing, shelter and legal aid, as well as supporting Ukraine’s LGBTQ+ community.
- World Jewish Relief is working with partners in Ukraine to support those in need
- Save the Children is providing cash assistance, food and other support to refugees crossing into Romania and Lithuania, as well as in Ukraine itself.
- Sunflower of Peace provides support to orphans, internally displaced persons in Ukraine, and more recently to those most affected by COVID-19 and the Russian military invasion to Ukraine.