Hertfordshire Health Walks
Enjoy the countryside and local green spaces with FREE Hertfordshire Health Walks led by qualified volunteer leaders. Walks are free but please register first at Hertfordshire Health Walks | Hertfordshire County Council
A timetable of Watford and Three Rivers walks can be viewed here: Watford Three Rivers Health Walks programme – May (hertfordshire.gov.uk)
The following walks were created for a local Footpath Walks booklet in 2005 and whilst they are still usable some of the waypoints, such as pubs, are no longer valid. The routes can be printed from the website (links below) or used with the free smartphone app. The app uses GPS and compasses built into almost all smartphones and allows you to easily follow the walk route, with waypoint guidance and images to ease navigation. Links to the Apple and Android smartphone apps are available on outdooractive.com
- ALPC Walk 20-01 – Abbots Langley, Leavesden Country Park & Bedmond (Circular walk: 6.3 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-02 – Abbots Langley, Leavesden Country Park & Kings Langley (Circular walk: 6.4 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-03 – Bedmond Village Walk (Circular walk: 2.8 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-04 – Abbots Langley “The Open Spaces” (Circular walk: 2.7 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-05 – Abbots Langley, Nash Mills & Kings Langley “The Three Parishes” (Circular walk: 5.1 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-06 – Hunton Bridge, Langleybury, Sarratt & Chipperfield (Circular Walk: 7.9 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-07 – Hunton Bridge, Langleybury, Kings Langley & Grand Union Canal (Circular walk: 5.6 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-08 – Abbots Langley Local History Society “Treasure Trail Walk” (Circular walk: 1.7 miles)
The Treasure Trail competition is now closed, but the walk can still be followed. Further details are on the Abbots Langley Local History Society website.
- ALPC Walk 20-09 – Bucknalls Lane, Bricket Wood, Rivers Colne & Ver (Circular walk: 5.8 miles)
- ALPC Walk 20-10 – Leavesden, St. Stephen, Chiswell Green “Motorways & Microlights” (Circular walk: 5.4 miles)
Once downloaded to your smartphone app any changes to the route will not automatically update. Before going on a walk it is recommended that you update the route. Go to the smartphone app menu and select Sync Content to ensure you have the latest version of the walk.
If you find any problems when you are out on the walks, please report these to email@example.com with the walk number, clear location information and if possible photos.
Legacy Footpath Walks
The following walks were created for a local Footpath Walks booklet in 2005 and whilst they are still usable some of the waypoints, such as pubs, are no longer valid.
Of varying lengths, the walks take in many of the local points of interest. Maps and directions, along with historical background make this an ideal guide for newcomers to the area, or for those that want to know more about the local area and its history.
Copies of the walks, from the out-of-print booklet, are available below in pdf format.