Refill Hertfordshire – Remember your reusables!
Thanks to a fantastic initiative called Refill, topping up your water bottle when out and about is even easier. Refill Hertfordshire allows public places – such as cafés, pubs, takeaways and restaurants – to register as Refill Stations that will happily refill your bottle with free tap water on request.
The app now also shows where you can get coffee refills with a discount for bringing your own cup, shops where you can refill your own containers, and lunch venues where you can order to go in your own containers too. They’ve taken steps to make sure everything is as Covid safe as possible too.
There are more than 300 Refill Stations registered in Hertfordshire. There are two water fountains in Abbots Langley at:
- Manor House Grounds – next to the Manor House (what3words///intelligible.nest.firm)
- South Way – next to the play area (what3words ///birds.august.retain)
You can find your nearest Refill stations on the go by downloading the Refill app or keeping an eye out for Refill window stickers.
Many residents have contacted the Council looking for ways to help the people of Ukraine. We encourage those wishing to help people impacted by the worsening humanitarian crisis in Ukraine to consider supporting the efforts of one of the following organisations and appeals:
- The Disasters Emergency Committee brings together 15 leading UK aid charities, raising funds to quickly and effectively respond to overseas disasters
- The British Red Cross has set up the Ukraine Crisis Appeal to help the Ukrainian Red Cross provide food, medicine, clothing, and shelter.
- The UN refugee agency has a specific collection for Ukraine
- The Ukrainian Embassy in the UK has set up a special fund called the With Ukraine Global Support Fund to support Ukraine.
- Goods for Good is a local charity that sends donated goods to vulnerable communities around the world and have already mobilised to send supplies to Ukraine. They have set up a humanitarian aid hub on the Polish border with Ukraine to deliver essential bedding, clothing, footwear, and toiletries.
- Choose Love is a non-profit that provides medical care, food, clothing, shelter and legal aid, as well as supporting Ukraine’s LGBTQ+ community.
- World Jewish Relief is working with partners in Ukraine to support those in need
- Save the Children is providing cash assistance, food and other support to refugees crossing into Romania and Lithuania, as well as in Ukraine itself.
- Sunflower of Peace provides support to orphans, internally displaced persons in Ukraine, and more recently to those most affected by COVID-19 and the Russian military invasion to Ukraine.
New Bus Service, Effective 17th April 2022
The new bus service timetable, effective from 17th April 2022!
The will be changes to both the bus number and route. We have been told Bus no. 8 will not longer be running after 16th April 2022; instead there will be a Bus no. 10 and 20 with some of Bus no. 8’s route being integrated into the Bus no. 10 route and a new Bus no. 20 route is being introduce which includes Abbots Langley.
Tennis Coaching @ Manor House Grounds
GetSet4Tennis is offering tennis coaching at Manor House Grounds this autumn. They offer a wide range of lessons and are an inclusive club who are happy to take all players, no matter the age or standard.
If you are interested in arranging tennis coaching, further information is available on the club’s website under Get Set 4 Tennis Coaching.
If you regularly play tennis already, don’t worry, one court will remain open to the public at all times.
Evergreen FC – Players Wanted!
Evergreen FC is seeking to recruit ladies aged 16+ to play in their women’s league. Training is on Thursdays from 7pm to 8pm @ South Way, Abbots Langley WD5 OJL.
Anne Robson Trust Helpline
Introducing the Anne Robson Helpline – if you or someone close to you is dying, you can talk to us.
At the Anne Robson Trust we aim to be there to listen to anyone who faces dying or the imminent death of someone they care about. We know that facing the end of life can leave you feeling isolated and alone.
Being able to access support is so important. Gaining knowledge of what may happen towards the end of life and being prepared helps both the person dying and their loved ones to feel a sense of control.
Calls are free and confidential. Call us on 0808 801 0688 – we have time to talk.
Leavesden Country Park – Parkrun Coming Soon! Volunteers Needed!
Weekly, timed 5K events due to start every Saturday at Leavesden Country Park soon! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being part of the team.