Home Library Service in Hertfordshire
Hertfordshire Libraries provides the Home Library Service delivering books to some of the most vulnerable and isolated people in the county. Many of our customers regard the service as a “lifeline,” and value the regular collections of books which are tailored to their interests and delivered to them in their own home by a friendly and familiar face.
The Home Library Service supports people who are unable to get to the library, for example those who:
- have a physical disability which prevents travelling to a library
- have a learning disability or mental health condition that makes it difficult to leave home alone
- are registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- are frail or in poor health which means they can’t get to a library
- are a carer looking after someone affected by any of the above, and their caring responsibilities prevent them from getting to the library.
If you know of anyone who is eligible and would like to receive the Home Library Service, please contact your library via the Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 4049 or read the letter below which provides additional details on how to learn more.