Annual Parish Civic Awards
Abbots Langley Parish Council Civic Awards* are awarded to individuals or groups who have made an outstanding contribution to the life of the Civil Parish of Abbots Langley. To submit a nomination, please complete the form below.
Up to four awards are made on an annual basis:
(note: Awards may not be given in all categories every year)
- Service to Local Community Award – To recognise and celebrate the activities and contributions of local residents within the community.
- Local Community Group Award – To recognise and celebrate the activities and achievements of local community groups within the community.
- Local Young Person Award – To recognise and celebrate the activities and achievements of young people (under 18) within the community.
- Outstanding Achievement Award – To recognise and celebrate either exceptional achievement in the past year, or many years of service to the community.
The Annual Parish Civic awards are open to individuals living in the Parish of Abbots Langley. In the case of a group, the group must operate from within the Parish and a majority of its members and officers shall live within the Parish. The awards are not open to:
- Serving Abbots Langley Parish Councillors, or those who have served in the past.
- Past or present members of staff and their immediate families.
- Serving members of other authorities. (Former, non-serving members are eligible.).
Groups in which any of the above serve, however, may be considered for an award.
A panel shall be established to decide on the awards, comprising the Chairman, the Chief Officer & Clerk, and one other member of the council. The panel will select the winner per category and may choose to award up to two ‘Highly Commended’ certificates in each category.
Presentation of Awards
The winner in each category shall be presented with a trophy to keep for the year and a smaller version to be retained permanently. Awards shall be made in time to allow presentations at the Chairman’s Reception each year.
Nominations for Awards
Abbots Langley Parish Council welcomes nominations for these awards. To nominate individuals or groups, please complete the nomination form below or write to us at Abbots Langley Parish Council, Langley Road, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, WD5 0EJ. The deadline for nominations in 2022 is the 1st March 2022. Nominations submitted or received after this date will not be considered.
*Civic Award rules were approved at the Parish Council meeting on 5th December 2006, (min. 384.) and updated at the Annual Parish Council meeting on 13th March 2017 (min. 380). This page is based on the approved text.